Where to begin… I think I have re-wrote this first sentence about 28 times now.
So much thankfulness, appreciation, love, & respect for Kay, Karen, & Kate. The opportunity they have given me this past year to be 1/4 of such a unique business is humbling. These three women have taught me so many things. The most remarkable of them all is the growing in my faith. Speaking about my faith has come easier because of them. My view points have become more clear. The one thing I will miss about my 1 hour 45 drive to Kalona will be the time I would take to reflect and connect more in my faith. Life 101.9, you rock ❤ I will forever thank you three for this (and there goes a tear…). I thank Him for bringing us together.
To invite me in on this business knowing the distance and all of the slack they would have to pick up for me is enduring. Which could lead into why I have made the decision to step out of “The Shop…”
- I kept running into instances where I found it extremely unfair to call myself 1/4 of something I was participating such a small amount in.
- Originally, our family had intentions of moving closer to the area, but life happens and that doesn’t seem to be the direction we will be going.
- Focus on our children while they are little. I will never get this time back with them!
- Building customer relationships is SO hard with the distance I live from The Shop. I want to be able to keep building personal relationships with everyone that repeatedly comes through that door. 2 days a month spent down there just doesn’t make it possible to do. There were two customers in particular that stick in my head… 1) a mother who moved from the east coast… Had a short little pixie cut. Was adorable! Her husband did construction… I clicked with you 😉 2) the sweetest lady who came in who elaborated on the fact that she used to be Amish and her stepping out of that role. So interesting! I loved our 15 minute conversation.
- Baby #3 coming in April with a Winter of driving ahead does not sound appealing! We don’t need another one of these instances in Ole’ Blue…
I will so miss being a part of this gig girls! I wish you ALL of the success in this world!! I want to see you three in HGTV with your own column someday. It’s possible. The talent that lies within you three could move mountains. Somehow I will keep connected and try and stay as tight knit from the sidelines 🙂 The power of women is incredible, and then there’s you 3… more than incredible! I will forever be one of your biggest cheerleaders and say I was a part of that once ❤
I will look back at our first year together on Facebook often reminiscing all of the fond memories. You three are a happy place for me 🙂
You can stay connected with me on my business journey at http://www.facebook.com/stewsjunk. Stew’s in Cedar Falls will continue to keep doing her thing 🙂